Top 5 Valentine's Day Books for Kids
I'm not sure if your kids are like mine, but they DO NOT like chocolate filled with anything other than...chocolate. This blows my mind, as I will eat anything covered in chocolate.
I don't love giving them cheap (gross) candy for Valentine's Day, but one thing that I always buy for them is a new book.
Here are my top five Valentine's books for kids:
1. Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar (The World of Eric Carle) - ages 3-5 years: Because anything by Eric Carle is magical.
2. Llama Llama I Love You by Anna Dewdney - ages preschool and up: Because the rhymes are SO cute, and I'm fascinated with how Llama Llama makes valentine's with hooves for hands.
3. Hug Time by Patrick McDonnell - ages 5+: Because a hug truly is the simplest and kindest gift.
4. Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat - ages 4-8 years: Because my boys and I giggle at the title and it's a great way to teach kids about being kind.
5. Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day is Cool by James Dean - ages 4-8 years: Because Pete shows his appreciation for others and what they love.
What about you? What are your favorite Valentine's books to read with your children?